Saturday, August 02, 2008

Taking a second flight

I've taken 2 flights in a row a few times, but this is the first time I've crossed the Atlantic and then immediately flown on. Not again in a hurry.

The buzz (or at least the need to stay sharp!) on landing and getting through immigration (a very friendly officer - southern hospitality? I was in Charlotte); and then getting your bags; then customs and agriculture; then (today only) rechecking your bags through; and then rushing to the gate...

Well in a normal trip that ends in the delight of arrival at your place of rest, leisure and sleep. Not today. I end up knackered and grumpy and so on; but in a plane at 30,000 still travelling on. And then you stop. And then you drift off a bit.
And then you have to wind up to get your bags, get a taxi, correct the driver when he ignores his SatNav and...

But I'm here, it's too warm, too humid but King Crimson play for the first time in 5 years and I'm going. Hurrah!

No comments: