Tuesday, August 12, 2008

B&B part 2

Eventually got my room sorted whilst my friend waited. Then I dropped him off at the train, and killed time with a new camera I bought for someone until the call came "pick me up" and go gigging (he had to go downtown to hostel with his gear to book in).

The venue for tonight's gig was in a village area some distance away. And we gave an Israeli (staying at B&B with his wife for the gig) a lift up there.

Gig was in lovely old theatre without a balcony. Reserved seats meant no queuing, and we were in the right place to see Fripp. My friend's "shut up ****heads" shout to the whoopers and yellers was on standby, but instead he mocked by joining in :-)

A lift back to the station (through a slightly dodgy area) for friendy person, a not so quick splash and dash at Exxon (sorry Alaska!) made easier by presence of a uniformed copper and car, and made harder by unfathomable system - pay $10 to cashier first, then take nozzle, then lift the thing the pump nozzle sits on (the start button apparently) and $10 of fuel pumped.

Four miles to B&B and done by 10 ish. Now for some R&R having done about 1000 miles in 2 and a bit days.

No comments: