Wednesday, October 19, 2011

#VMworld party, they're still channelling #TechEd...

If you were in Nice in 1996 for Microsoft's 3rd European TechEd then you may remember the indoor funfair (and Elton, ahem, Jack performing).

I've already tweeted that VMware seem to be channelling the fun, focus, excitement and energy of those events. So blow me, if they didn't get an indoor funfair at the Carlsberg centre in Copehagen too!

Fifteen years ago, and it feels just the same. Except I'm
• greyer (and there's less of it)
• wiser
• grumpier

hey ho!

P

PS. I might remember more of this one too. I recall some very cheap vino... The only time I did so at a conference party.


PPS just realised, and this is really weird - I think I'm wearing the same shirt - my (still very proud to have and wear) Windows 95 official technical beta testers golf shirt.

No comments: