Monday, January 15, 2007

It's good to talk

Someone once said in an advert!

Tonight I got a call from a school friend (school now being over 25 years ago!).  Hes been in the States continuously for nearly 7 years and its probably a little longer since we last met.  However for some reason we dont get to speak at some length, eyety when we do we end up talking (as we did tonight) for ages.  Its really weird in way how is it that with some friends you can just pick up where you left off months ago, and talk for hours (literally) but yet not speak again for a few montsh again.

The time zone difference does not justify it, nor the remove (in time) from your days at school.  I dont get it, but I do enjoy it; and I do find it strange (if not vaguely amusing) that at times we do earnestly promise to email or call for a few sentences; but however hard we try we end up not managing it.  I wish we could.

But it was great to talk to him again, and I look forward to the next time!

No comments: