Monday, July 18, 2011

Unable to view HMRC PDF files?

If you work online with HMRC (it’s almost inevitable these days) then you will have PDF files to download for VAT, Income Tax or other returns.
 
A couple of years ago the download of PDF’s failed for me, and eventually I got the advice from HMRC on how to fix it.  Having recently rebuilt my desktop, the option was missing and this morning’s PDF download broke.
 
Having taken too long to remember and find the fix, I thought I’d share, and also ensure I could find the notes in my blog next time!
 
In Internet Explorer for Windows:
  • Go to Tools - Internet Options
  • Advanced tab
  • Under Security, ensure the ‘Do not save encrypted pages to disk’ is checked
 
Lo and behold, download of PDF is working again.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. How annoyiong this was for me! I can't believe they don't mention it on the site as a tip. Thank you!