Friday, April 16, 2010

Simon Singh delighted as BCA drop case

From the newsletter of libelreform.org:

Hi,
The BCA have dropped their case against Simon Singh! A delighted Simon says:

It still staggers me that the British Chiropractic Association and half the chiropractors in the UK were making unsubstantiated claims. It still baffles me that the BCA then dared to sue me for libel and put me through two years of hell before I was vindicated.  And it still makes me angry that our libel laws not only tolerate but also encourage such ludicrous libel suits. My victory does not mean that our libel laws are okay, because I won despite the libel laws. We still have the most notoriously anti-free speech libel laws in the free world.


And in other news…

The Libel Reform Campaign has just hit the 50,000 signature mark!

And yesterday, libel reform made it in the Conservative, the Labour and the Liberal Democrat party manifestos.

Please continue to back us. Your support got us this far. But the work we do in the next few months will make all the difference.

Thanks from everyone at the Libel Reform Campaign:

Mike and Sile

PS – make sure everyone you know has signed our petition at: www.libelreform.org/sign

No comments: